THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 27, 2009

Climb

Morning everyone. Hope your day is going good. Mine is great! It is the final week of college and tis what I call the week of stress!! Yep, FINALS all week. So wish me luck! LOL

As for the title of my blog it pretty well is about me climbing over some mountains in my life these past couple of years. That the past few days I have been reflecting back on some things. Seems that the warm weather has caught me in a kind of mood that sets my mind to wandering. Plus with the final week of school I sure do need an escape from it all too. And I sure do not need for my mind to be down and out while I am off at the beach! Ya know it is only 5 days until we leave!!!! YEAHHHHH

Anyway, my late Moms' birthday is coming up on the 10th of May. Plus that day is Mothers' day, as well as my niece Christy's birthday too! And also the day that my grandson Carson is having his birthday party! Whew, so much happening in just one day. Well it got me to thinking about past Mother Days, birthdays and all. More so the last two years that have gone by. I truly do miss my Mom. I wish she could have been here for the birth of my first grandchild. Lord I know she would have been right here by my side when he was born. Cause she never ever missed the birth of any of her grandchildren, nor great-grandchildren while she was alive! It was just something that she took great joy in attending. That she truly was an awesome lady. And something that I hope and pray that I can follow in her footsteps and be also. I just wish that I could of learned more things from her. :0( But alas the good Lord needed her more than I did. Plus I truly did not want her to suffer anymore from the Alzheimer's. It is a disease that I do not wish on anyone. To me I honestly believe it is worse than any other type out there.

For me the song that is playing on my playlist is one that talks about how life always seems to put mountains or roadblocks in front of you! And that you have got to learn how to go through them, somehow or someway! For me these last couple of years it appears that is all that has happened to me everytime I have turned around! But yet I have some how managed to get through them. Though I must admit I just about gave up! More so when I lost my Mom, and my brother-in-law 5 months later. Seems that the saying that death comes in 3's is oh so true! Still though I refuse to give up. Guess you could say it is because I feel as if so many people in my family do depend on me. Maybe because they are always checking in on me and looking for me. Plus asking me to help them alot! Examples would be my nephews up here always needing me to help them with their little ones (babies). That since their Dad's death they have looked at Mike and me as their children's grandparents! "0) Which for us is a blessing! Cause Lord knows we do love kids. Plus we love watching them grow and seeing them learn all kinds of new things! It amazes me how quickly they seem to grow each and everytime we see them! Especially when we see our grandson, Carson. My mind gets blown away when I hear him talk on the phone with us! He is such a trip! Plus his Mom is teaching him how to do sign language! Not bad for one who will turn two next month! Last time I seen him he was signing and I was like what is he saying. His Mom was telling me what he said , when I said Lord I need to take a class on this! LOL Cause if he can do it, then I can. So like the song "Climb" there is that mountain that I have got to get through. Because I know it is not going to move out of my way. And I surely can not move it on my own!

Now know that in 5 days I will be heading out on my trip to the beach to soak up the sun. And also to get me some much needed Vitamin D from the rays of the sun too! :0) Believe me I am counting it all down and can not wait to be on the road again! I know that Mike is excited too. Just not sure if he is as much as I am. LOL Oh well enjoy the beautiful weather, and get outside too. Will post more before I leave. TaTa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you and your beach trip. I think I mentioned that we are going for a short beach trip to Duck, N.C. at the end of May. I can't wait!! Those pink flower petals are from an Ornamental Magnolia. It's a glorious tree/big bush that starts blooming in late March and is just finishing up. There is also a pink dogwood at the window. Have a super great week! xo Lynn

Suldog said...

Enjoy the beach! I'm the type who burns red as a lobster, so not much of a beach person, but I hope YOU have a great time!

Unknown said...

Wow ... I didn't realize you were taking classes. That is so great ... what are you taking? Well ... best of luck on your finals!! And then ... vacation! Will you be going to a NC beach? We moved to Asheville a few years ago, from Ft. Lauderdale, and haven't explored the NC beaches yet (we're still exploring these beautiful mountains).

I know that it's hard to lose a loved one ... but aren't we better for having them in our lives! Your mom sounds like she was one in a million!

BTW ... your site is beautiful. I haven't been able to visit my favorite sites lately and when I finally got a minute, I headed here ... it's just beautiful and full of summer and sunshine!

Have a great day!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

I know you've got to be missing Maw Maw! You've always been SUCH a good daughter! :) Keep that chin up!
And what a blessing you are to Noot & Josh! Their families just wouldn't be complete without you and Uncle Mike!
Go Carson with the sign language! Woo-hoo! You're such a proud Grandmama! I love you so much!

Dawn Marie said...

I know your trip to the beach will be the best. I hope things slow down for you,,,and your thoughts can leave you with alot of smiles, some people even though they are gone, their memories never ever leave.

Anne said...

I love the beach scene of your blog. Good luck on your finals this week. I'm wishing you and your husband an awsome time on your vacation! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Won't be long now before you'll be at the beach. Lucky lady! :)